Leading Travel Technology Company, Fareportal, Adopts Leonardo Technology for CheapOair, OneTravel and CheapOstay Websites.
Toronto, Canada and New York, NY – March 18, 2015 – Leonardo Worldwide Corporation and Fareportal, a leading travel technology company with 18M+ unique site visitors per month covering 200+ countries across three online travel brands, has selected Leonardo’s multi-media display technology to present hotel visual content on its CheapOair, OneTravel and CheapOstay online travel agencies.
Fareportal subscribes to MediaConnect for XML connectivity access to Leonardo’s library of hotel images for over 100,000 GDS listed hotels and will now integrate Leonardo’s Multi-Media Display Galleries into its sites to improve the quality of hotel visual content viewing experiences and increase booking conversions.
Leonardo’s cloud-based media display technology will enhance the visual experiences on Fareportal’s online travel agencies by:
- Displaying multiple types of media including images, 360° virtual tours and video to capture attention and engagement.
- Presenting optimized galleries to website visitors according to their software, bandwidth and device/screen size.
- Ensuring media loads quickly through the world’s most reliable Content Delivery Networks, distributed globally.
Hotel chains that subscribe to Leonardo’s VScape Digital Asset Management System will continue to use it to manage their media on Fareportal’s sites. Due to the direct connectivity between Leonardo’s display technology and VScape, these chains will benefit from updates made to images in VScape being visible on Fareportal’s sites in near real-time.
Hotel properties subscribing to Leonardo’s Vizlly Multi-Channel or DMS+ will have the added benefit of being able to publish specific multi-media stories to Fareportal’s websites through their publishing tool in Vizlly, resulting in:
- Increased engagement with travel shoppers through curated stories with images, rich media and descriptive text displayed in topic based categories.
- Improved relevance and resonance with Fareportal’s customers through targeted stories.
- Significant influence on booking decisions with visual content that makes the hotel stand out and communicates its true value.
- Further amplification of stories through social sharing icons prominently displayed for top social media sites.
“We offer the most advanced and proven connectivity and display technology. The adoption of our media display technology by Fareportal, a technology leader in the travel industry, is a testament to that,” says John McAuliffe, Leonardo’s President.
“We are first and foremost a technology company, which means we know technology. Leonardo’s technology is second to none. By implementing Leonardo’s display galleries on our online travel agencies we will be able to consistently present high quality hotel content to our customers and take advantage of the technology and UX of product,” said Vanessa Rodriguez, Director of Hotel Products and Relations at Fareportal.
For more information about Leonardo, visit www.leonardo.com.